Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday

Hello everyone! How was your Wednesday? Mine was good because I actually got back to my apartment at a reasonable hour!

Let's back track. My Wednesday mornings usually start with a workout since I don't have class until 11. I started my workout with 30 easy minutes on the elliptical, reading the November issue of Self magazine.


Afterwards, I did a random mix of strength training moves that included:
-ball exchanges (abs)
-kettleball swings (20lbs)
-bicep curls
-lunges
-clean & press

Let's get to What I Ate Wednesday! Prior to going the gym, I made a quick breakfast of pumpkin oats. In the mix went:
-1/3 oats
-2 heaping spoonfuls of canned pumpkin
-1/3 vanilla soy milk
-cinnamon
-nutmeg
-touch of maple syrup
-ground flaxseed
-teaspoon of Dark Chocolate Dreams
-teaspoon of Mighty Maple

For lunch, I had leftover frittata.

Mid-afternoon snackage occurred around 3 while I was at my internship. I had string cheese and my absolute favorite Kind bar, Almond & Coconut Flavor.
I was looking forward to dinner all day! Since I felt like I was on a roll making my favorite indulgences healthier, I thought I'd try my hand at pita pizza!

It turned out sooo good. For the sauce, I combined canned crushed tomatoes with garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes. I then peeled a stick of mozzarella string cheese and layered it on top of the sauce. Other toppings: onion, green pepper, diced tomato, and TURKEY pepperoni. The stats on the turkey pepperoni were great compared to regular pepperoni. 17 slices was only 70 calories, and 8 grams of fat. I put the pita directly on the oven rack, at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes. It was really tasty, you should give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment