Monday, October 24, 2011

Manic Monday and Ham & Veggie Frittata

Good evening! Today was a typical Monday -- go, go, go for me from start to finish. I had class and work until 6, and then went to an intense 45 minute Spinning class.

Mondays are hard because I usually don't get home until close to 8 o'clock. Which means, sometimes I'm eating dinner at 9. I hate eating that late, but some days I don't have a choice. I do, however, have a choice on what to cook! On long days, I need a fast meal. Enter: the frittata!

Into this frittata went:

-1 deli slice of honey ham
-Broccoli
-Tomato
-Onion (green and white)
-Green bell pepper
-6 Eggs (I seasoned the eggs with salt, pepper, a pinch of garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and a couple dashes of Frank's hot sauce).

I sauteed the veggies and ham on low for a few minutes and then turned the heat off. I let the pan cool and then poured the eggs over the mixture. I then baked it in the oven of 375 degrees for about half an hour. (Tip: to make sure the eggs aren't still runny in the oven, stick a knife into the middle of the pan and make sure it comes out clean).

This meal was quick, easy and delicious! I paired it with a side salad of mixed greens, strawberries, almonds, and this dressing:
Annie's Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette.

I'm off to watch Real Housewives of Beverly Hills! (Can you tell yet that I have a Bravo addiction?) Have a great night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment