Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Potatoes = Devil

Greetings! Today was another busy day for me; my last class let out at 8. Like I said yesterday, on long days I always want dinner in a flash. I was craving potatoes all day. Potatoes are probably my favorite food, with pizza being a close second. I love french fries, hash browns, and ESPECIALLY potato skins with all the fixings. Tonight, I used an idea that I found because of the Her Campus/Self Magazine Lose the Freshman 15 diet and exercise program; the Chicken Baked Potato.

I diced chicken seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper and grilled it on the George Foreman. I didn't feel like waiting around to bake the potato in the oven, so I popped it in the microwave for about 4 minutes. I topped the potato with the grilled chicken, shredded cheese, Chobani plain Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream), salsa, and chives. I served it with a side of steamed broccoli. Easy, delicious, and satisfied my potato craving without all of the the bad stuff that I usually top them with. Success!

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! I'm a huge potato fan too. Chips, fries, tater tots, hash browns, baked potatoes, anything potato!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Thanks for being my first ever commenter! I love your blog!

    2) Potatoes are amazing and I get so depressed every time another news article comes out saying they're terrible for you.

    ReplyDelete