Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weekend Healthy Eating Fail

I'll be the first to admit that I have a serious problem with weekend eating. I'm one of those people who can eat healthfully and mindfully Monday-Thursday (I don't have class or work on Fridays), but keeping those habits through the weekend is a whole different kind of beast.
This weekend was particularly difficult because I went out almost every night, which is rare for me. For dinner on Friday I ate crab cake sliders, mac n cheese, and a margarita for dinner at Park on 14th.
Saturday was spent mostly studying in the library. Hours of boring studying leads to mindless snacking and difficulty making good food decisions. I brought a leftover 6 inch from Subway for dinner. Which should have been enough...but then my roommate/classmate/gym buddy/partner in crime and I decided to get some more food before a birthday celebration at Barcode. We evenly split spinach & artichoke dip, fries, and meatball sliders.

Sunday is usually the day I pick to get back on track! Not so today. My roommate, our friend, and myself indulged in a homemade brunch. I had cheesy potatoes with 2 fried eggs. Then for dinner we ordered Domino's. So, like the title suggest, healthy eating fail for this weekend all around.
I try not to beat myself up too much about slipping a bit on the weekend. However, I have to acknowledge that 3 out of 7 days per week is too many to give myself that much leniency. Now that I know I have a problem with it, I can be more conscious and take better steps next time! That's the main thing I've learned over the past year or so about "healthy living." As long as you lead a generally healthy lifestyle, occasionally slip-ups are nothing to beat yourself up about -- especially when you have the next day to start fresh!

I'm off to watch Boardwalk Empire and Real Housewives of New Jersey Reunion Part II! I love Sunday night tv. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment