Monday, January 9, 2012

Confusion and a Cool Find

Hi!!! I just got back to D.C. after spending the Holiday Break back home in Ann Arbor and Vail, Colorado. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

Getting back to school means getting back into a routine. Part of that routine including going back to the gym today. I always tell myself before long breaks that I will at least try to stick to working out. Well...I only entered a gym twice in a month, but I'm counting snowboarding as working out! Shockingly, when I got on the scale, I saw that I had lost 4 pounds. The shift in weight goes against everything I've learned on my "healthy living" journey. I ate whatever I want (including alcohol) and didn't work out. Maybe I lost muscle. I just don't know. But I sort of feel like maybe I need to be more relaxed about my gym regime and perhaps take more rest days? It's highly possible that I have previously been overtraining and/or not fueling properly for workouts. Anyway, I just thought that was weird!

Another part of my routine is going grocery shopping, which is where I spent parts of yesterday and today. I love going to the grocery store, it's a problem. While I was at Whole Foods, I was SO excited to find pomegranate seeds!

I love these, and I especially love that I don't have to go through the pain of extracting them from the actual fruit. I enjoyed these babies atop some Fage 0% yogurt, with some Love Grown sweet cranberry pecan granola for an afternoon snack. It was perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment